When you speak, laugh, bite, chew, or open your mouth, you are relying on your temporomandibular joints (TMJ). They act as hinges that enable you to open and close your jaw comfortably. Unfortunately, when the area becomes inflamed, it can lead to a TMJ disorder that causes pain and discomfort in your mouth. At 19th Street Dental, you can find TMJ treatment in Atlanta that will help you:
- Eat comfortably without difficulty
- Sleep better and wake up pain-free
- Protect your teeth from the damage caused by teeth grinding
- Stop chronic pain issues from affecting your life
Find relief by calling 678-990-3143 for an appointment. We offer appointments as early as 7 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Avoid Dental Damage by Treating Your TMJ Disorder
If you’ve noticed popping sounds when you open your mouth, pain in your jaw, or frequent headaches, those are all symptoms of a TMJ disorder. These issues may be caused or intensified if you grind your teeth. Teeth grinding is common among those who suffer from TMJ trouble. If you leave your TMJ dysfunction untreated, you risk damaging your teeth by cracking or chipping your tooth enamel or even loosening your tooth. When you come to see us for treatment, we may recommend:
- Night Guard – We’ll help you obtain a custom night guard that will act as a barrier between your teeth. This helps avoid damage caused by grinding and also gives your jaw a chance to heal so you’ll feel better.
- Botox® Injections – These FDA-approved injections are not just for freshening the appearance of your face. They can also treat the pain of a TMJ disorder by relaxing your muscles and easing the pain near your jaw joint.
We’ll also do an examination to address any damage to your smile. We can do dental bonding to address minor cracks or chips. If you have more significant injury to your teeth, we can use dental crowns to repair your smile.
You no longer have to live with jaw pain! Call 678-990-3143 for new patients or 404-567-8900 for existing patients. You can also request an appointment online.