Explore Your Options at Your First Orthodontic Appointment in Atlanta
A third of people wearing braces are 18 or older. Source.
If you’re interested in pursuing orthodontics, it’s important to know what to expect. During your first orthodontic appointment in Atlanta, we’ll discuss your options and how it works, so you can start your treatment with confidence. Most important, you’ll become familiar with some of the benefits, such as:
- Comfortable treatment that won’t irritate your mouth
- Easily removable aligners so you can enjoy your meals
- No change to your oral hygiene routine
- Faster completion time than traditional metal braces
Schedule your first orthodontic visit by calling 678-990-3143 for an appointment.
Prepare for Orthodontic Treatment During Your Consultation
We love helping patients achieve the smile they’ve always wanted. Whether you are a teen interested in aligner treatment or you’re an adult who never had the chance to fix your teeth, you are taking an important first step by scheduling this orthodontic appointment. Here is what you can expect:
- Your dentist will perform a thorough examination of your mouth to determine if you are a good fit for either Invisalign or SureSmile.
- We’ll also take digital X-rays to get images of your teeth and underlying bone structure. We can even use an intraoral camera to show you the inside of your mouth.
- If you are pursuing Invisalign treatment, we can use Invisalign Smile Design technology to show you a preview of your results so you can envision what your smile will look like after treatment.
- We’ll capture digital impressions that are used to create your aligners. Unlike traditional impressions, you won’t have any messy goop in your mouth.
- We can also determine whether or not your insurance will cover any part of treatment and discuss payment options such as third-party financing through CareCredit.
Once your aligners are ready, you’ll return to our office to pick them up and begin wearing them for at least 22 hours a day. These short-term orthodontics take much less time than braces. Most patients will have the straight teeth they’ve always wanted in about 12 to 18 months.
Since we also do space maintainers for children, we recommend you bring your child in around the ages of 6 or 7 for an exam. We’ll check their dental development and determine if they’d benefit from maintainers, which can help prevent the need for braces or other orthodontic treatment.
Schedule your first orthodontic appointment in Atlanta by calling 678-990-3143 if you are a new patient. Existing patients can call 404-567-8900.