There are many rites of passage for young adults between the ages of 17 and 25. One of them is wisdom teeth coming in. While some may come in without any issues, others can lead to dental complications later down the road. At 19th Street Dental, we offer wisdom teeth removal in Atlanta that will:
- Help you avoid infections near your third molars
- Prevent alignment issues caused by crowding or teeth coming in improperly
- Stop the discomfort of emerging wisdom teeth
- Be a gentle experience performed by an experienced team
If you or a family member are experiencing issues with wisdom teeth, call 678-990-3143 for a consultation.
Extract Your Wisdom Teeth to Avoid Future Oral Health Problems
Wisdom teeth sound like a smart thing to keep in your mouth. It’s possible sometimes, but unfortunately even asymptomatic wisdom teeth can increase your risk for gum disease in the future. While it’s never anyone’s idea of a good time to have surgery, our dentists make sure it’s a comfortable procedure for you.
- Start out with a thorough examination using digital X-rays to capture images of your mouth
- Answer any questions or concerns you may have before we begin so you feel confident about your care
- Help you feel calm with a local anesthetic as well as laughing gas sedation if you’d like extra help relaxing
- Gently remove your teeth and provide you with aftercare instructions to encourage the healing process
In some cases, we may need to refer you to an outside specialist for your wisdom teeth removal procedure. This is more likely if your third molars have impacted nearby teeth or haven’t erupted fully.
It’s fairly easy to notice if your wisdom teeth have started to come in. Here are some signs for you to look for at home:
- Gums are swollen behind your second molars
- Ache or pain near the back of your jaw
- Bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth
- Trouble opening your mouth wide
If any of these symptoms sound familiar and you are between the ages of 17 and 25, schedule a visit with us. We’ll determine if you need wisdom teeth removal in Atlanta. Call 678-990-3143 if you are a new patient or 404-567-8900 if you are an existing patient.